Monday, November 29, 2004

"If"

© 3 August 1999, The Griot Poet

If I could...
I would break down the wall of expectations
And limitations between us as I listen to your voice caress English prose.

If I could...
I would touch you and allow your touch on me
Igniting electric currents birthing Goosebumps on brown skin hot for such
A touch.

If I could...
I would have us spill into an embrace that would allow our heartbeats
To synchronize their rhythms into one pulse, one hum...

If I could...
I would pull lips into a sweet caress that would last for hours and breathless days
As we melded into each other's visage, the lines an indistinguishable pretzel...

If I could...
I would rip off my garments in rash abandon at your invitation to love
Anoint your skin with edible oils and fragrances - manicure your fingers - pedicure your toes
And bless each one with a kiss,
My actions a gift: "This is my body I give unto you..."

If I could...
I would sip sweet wine on weekend mornings lying naked by you reading Voltaire, Tolstoy and Blair,
Engaging between chapters in acts making the Kama Sutra pail in passion's compare.

If I could...
I would spend an eternity - treasure a moment as eternity feeling your body tremble,
Hearing the sweet voice of... your climax.

If I could...
I would make myself a rich and perfect man, giving myself to you fully and
Count it a blessing that the last sound in this life be the laughter of children, the music from your speech.

If I could...
I would write a poem of prose for your clitoris, caresses for your gifted mind that would make love to your vicariously
Since your employment and mine allows us not such freedoms,

If, only...

No comments: