Saturday, August 18, 2007

A tepid response...

Dear ------- :



Thank you for taking the time to write me with your support for the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney. As your elected representative to the U.S. Congress, I appreciate you for giving me the opportunity to comment on this issue.



As you may know, the impeachment process originates in the House of Representatives. This process is used to ensure the legal and ethical behavior of members of the Executive and Judicial branches of the federal government. At this time, I do not believe impeachment proceedings of President Bush and Vice President Cheney are warranted. I support our President and the administration in their actions to defend and support our nation. Should this matter come before the House of Representatives, I will pay attention to the proceedings and move forward with the best interest of our nation in mind.



Again, I thank you for contacting me on these important issues. Please contact me again if I can be of further assistance.


Sincerely,

John Carter
Member of Congress

For more information on what I am doing in Congress, please visit my website at http://www.house.gov/carter. If you would like a weekly update, you may also sign up to receive my newsletter while youre there.

No comments: